22nd September, 2021 / 19:00 -
2nd July, 2013
A day of presentations and discussion featuring current work by members of the Sociology Section of the IOE and discussants Michael Apple (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Louise Archer (King’s College London). The event is free and open to all and we particularly welcome academics and research students working within the sociology of education.
Presentations on the day include:
– C. Vincent & C. Maxwell: Extending the ways we understand family practices – an intersectional approach to class, race and gender
– H. Iqbal: Multicultural Parenting: Preparation for bias ethnic-racial socialisation in British South Asian & White families in the UK
– A. Bradbury: `Model minorities’, moveable minorities and discourses of (in) authentic learning
– S.J. Ball and A. Olmedo: Subjectivity as a site of struggle: resisting neoliberal education
– Plenary: Sociologies of Education – Where next …? Discussants: Michael Apple, University of Wisconsin & Louise Archer, King’s College
– Book launch: Alice Bradbury, Jessica Ringrose & Anna Hickey-Moody, et al.