Introduction About The Culture Capital Exchange: The Culture Capital Exchange is a membership organisation which exists to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and information between our members (London based higher education institutions) and London’s creative and cultural industries. The culture of the organisation is one of shared input and there is high level of connection between the directors, stakeholders and administrative staff. We are looking for an organised and proactive communicator to join our small friendly and dynamic team at Somerset House.
Summary : The role of Administrative and Communications Assistant is crucial for ensuring the smooth running of the company. The post-holder will work with the General Manager in all aspects of administration and office management. The post-holder will also assist with specific aspects of administration around events, and liaise with member organisations. This role will edit the monthly e-newsletter, manage our website and contribute to our social media
The role has the following main areas of responsibility:
Administration: Taking responsibility for all aspects of office management and being proactive in ensuring an effective and tidy office environment that allows efficient working. This includes:
- Providing general event administration support to the team where needed including managing Eventbrite for event booking
- Being the first point of contact for telephone / email enquires
- Ensuring that incoming and outgoing post is dealt with effectively
- Overseeing the maintenance of office machinery and equipment
- Managing office stationery supplies and other consumable items
- Acting as a first point of call for staff when computer problems arise and liaising with our IT support
- Being a first point of contact for our landlord Somerset House, attending meetings as necessary
- Working to meet employer Health & Safety responsibilities
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of meetings, compiling agendas and taking notes
- Managing the booking of meeting rooms
- Coding purchase invoices and debit card receipts and filing for the bookkeeper
- Managing petty cash supplies for the office.
Communication and Website:
- Editing the monthly e-newsletter, writing introduction and sourcing content and main image, liaising with our university members.
- Sourcing content for the website from university contacts and websites, ensuring that it is up-to-date, accurate and relevant
- Updating content onto the website using WordPress
- Developing key aspects of the website with support from our web developers
- Managing a sister website and newsletter during the Inside Out Festival
- Promoting the company’s activities on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest in an appropriate manner
- Promoting events through JISCMAIL, university websites and newsletters, arts newsletters and websites, listings and advertisements
- Managing Campaign Monitor for invitations to events and the newsletter.
Supporting the Team:
- Assisting with setting up meetings and taking notes when required.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Undertaking any other responsibilities that may be reasonably asked of the post holder from time to time.
- Flexibility in attending events out of office hours.
- Participating in regular performance appraisals as necessary.
Profile: Essential – Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to adapt to and prioritise a shifting workload
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to take initiative and be proactive
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and a friendly personality
- Flexibility, reliability and good organisational skills
- The ability to work as a central point of communication as part of a small, close-knit team
- A good level of computer literacy (familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software)
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years office or administration experience
- Web-management experience
- An understanding of how events are planned and managed
- Writing/ Editing experience
- Experience of using social media to promote events
Desirable – Key Skills and Attributes:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Financial Administration experience
Knowledge and Experience:
- An interest in and/or knowledge of the London Arts and / or Higher Education sectors
Terms and Conditions: Salary:
- Salary in the region of £24,000 pro rata depending on experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata
- Hours of Work: Normal office hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm, there will be occasional evening / weekend working for which time off in lieu can be taken.
- Notice: Six weeks’ notice in writing
Application by cv and covering letter (to include 2 references, 1 of which will be related to your current or last employment) to reach us by 5pm on Tuesday 28th October 2014.
Previous applicants need not apply. Interviews will take place on Tuesday November 11th.
We regret that only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please address your application to:-
The Culture Capital Exchange
To download as PDF please click here : Administrative and Communications Assistant