A World Voice Day event for 2015 hosted by International Centre for Voice and Voice Care Network UK
Voice Care Network are delighted to partner with The International Centre for Voice this year in celebration of World Voice Day. The day will appeal to Voice teachers, Speech & Language Therapists, Singing teachers, Alexander teachers, performers and all who have an interest in voice and gender.
The programme and speakers will include:
- Voice change for gender-variant clients: giving voice to the person within. Matthew Mills, Specialist Speech & Language Therapist in Voice and Acting Head of Speech Therapy, Gender Identity Clinic, Charing Cross Hospital.
- Working embodied vocal strategies into public conversations about gender. A workshop with Jane Boston, Head of The International Centre for Voice and Course Leader for MA /MFA Voice Studies, Royal Central School of Speech & Drama.
- A Space to Be: Podcasts, Gender, & The Feminists Fatale with Lindsay Walker, Voice Teacher & Christine Mottram, Voice Teacher.
A panel discussion to also include:
- An examination of the gay male voice: its influences and the challenges it may present to a voice teacher with Salvatore Sorce, Voice Teacher.
- Reproductive Resonances: An Exploration of the Links Between Voice and Endometriosis for Performers with Kyia Grandi, Voice Teacher.